Friday, May 13, 2011

The Moore's are Moving!!!

Max and I made a HUGE decision back in January -- We decided to put our house on the market in order to build. To be honest, I never thought we would leave this house. We bought this house in 2004 shortly after we got married 7 1/2 years ago. We've remodeled every room in this house from top to bottom. Every wall has been repainted, every floor has been replaced with hardwood, tile or carpet - Our Kitchen Cabinets have been painted and glazed. We repainted the exterior of the house from a dark chocolate brown to a much lighter Benjamin Moore "Portico" (Best Khaki Tan Color I know of!!) - Did some MAJOR taming on the front and back yard. We vaulted the ceiling and added a skylight in our "playroom" shortly before Maddux was born - Built a closet and remodeled a bathroom shortly before Addi Grace was born, and most recently, underwent an 800 square foot addition a little over a year ago. And for the most part, we've done it ourselves. It's been all us - Our ideas brought to life -- I can't say we loved every minute of it, but looking back, I wouldn't have changed anything we did over the past 7 1/2 years.

I also can't express how proud I am of Max. He's come SO FAR people! Let's just say when I married him, the only tool he owned was a hammer.......And he never used it! He was so determined to make this house our home. And he had good reason to -- He grew up in this house as a child - His parents had been renting it out ever since they moved out in 2002. So in May 2004, shortly after we married, we found out they were going to sell it. So we bought it! Problem was, the renters didn't take care of the house very well. So we had a lot of work cut out for us. Max was hands on from Day 1. He would research and plan and find the most cost effective way of completing a project. And he gave everything he did 110% - If something wasn't done right, he would keep working on it till it was perfect. He even built Maddux the most incredible, "pottery barn" knockoff bunkbeds you've ever seen - Are you kidding me? This is one talented husband I have. One very determined, hard working, perfectionist husband. And I am so very proud of him.

Tonight is our last night at 1793 Applebury - We are moving into a rental tomorrow for 5-6 months till our new house is ready. I'm so excited about building our new house. It's going to be refreshing not having to watch Max play "contractor" - Yet, I'm sad about leaving this one. Maybe it's because it's the only home my kids know; or maybe because I haven't lived in the same house for 7 1/2 years since I was a small child - Who knows. But I will always love this house because it was our first home. And I'm anxious to get our house built so it can be our new home.

Lastly, Max and I came to a mutual decision that we will never MOVE again.  We both are hating it. And if you could have seen all of the crap we drug out of the attic today, you would have nominated me to be on that A&E show "Hoarders" --

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you guys are moving out of your house. Kind of makes Mr sad but I am so happy for what is ahead. And I am sorry we are at the beach and not there to help;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know about the pains of moving. We were at the duplex for six months, but I'm so glad we were able to sell our house quickly in a down market, too. That helps! This house has turned out to be a bit of a lemon, but we are constantly tweaking and working on it...nothing major, just lots of little stuff. I'm really happy for you guys! :-)

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed