Friday, April 2, 2010

Happy Easter Everybody!!!! House Updates!

I know, I know, your probably thinking, what is a picture of that old dresser doing on your blog??? Well, I have to brag a little....... I found this piece at the Habitat Store in Fayetteville at least 7 months ago. It's been neglected ever since until this past week!!! I sanded, primed and painted one coat of my new favorite color, Split Pea, by Benjamin Moore! I have to add that my darling husband put a second coat of paint and poly on for me. He also replaced the old nasty white knobs with glass knobs! Did it turn out cute or what????
Now, this next piece of furniture I found at the good ole Salvation Army. I was dropping off some old clothes, etc for donations, and I spotted this night stand. I should have taken a picture of the "before" - Let me tell you...It was so ugly. Someone had tried to paint it 3 different colors. The bones were good though. All it needed was a good sanding and a cute coat of Pink paint!!! I'm going to paint some green polka dots on top. It matches her bedding. I finally bought all of the material. Can't wait to show everybody! My Aunt Evelyn (great aunt) is quilting the top of her bedspread. As soon as she's done with it, I'm going to sew a bed ruffle around the edges....







OK, so the pic above is of the double sink vanity - Max painted this and he did an incredible job!!!! He also did all of the tiling on the floor and in the shower - We are waiting for a couple of tiles to come in so he can finish :) We also originally painted the walls a cream color. However, when we put the vanity in, it looked HORRIBLE. The green distressed vanity looked "too" green. So, I suggested we paint the walls the same chocolate brown as the media room. Wallah! It toned everything right down! Max painted this unfinished cabinet a green color and then rubbed stain over it to create a distressed look. I couldn't be more happier! Very glad we chose to go this way over the black cabinet!




So, the pic below is not the greatest, but you can see my lovely Leopard Print Carpet!!!!! Yay!!! I love!!! You are looking straight into the hallway that leads to the 2 new bedrooms. The bathroom is on the backside of the bedrooms and connects to both. You can also see my 2 fabulous picture finds! Max and I went to a local lighting store that went out of business. The bank was selling everything they had at 75% off! These 2 pics were listed at $275 for the pair, and we got them for about $70. They were a perfect fit for the hallway!!! I knew we would use them somewhere in the new space, but just didn't know where! Now, I don't have any blind or window treatments up, so the glare is coming through the window. Sorry! We painted the walls a chocolate brown color. LOVE!!!












Oh, I could just eat her up! She's such a little Momma's girl and I love it! Can't wait for Easter Sunday! Maddux will have a blast hunting for Eggs..... OK, I think I'm going to admit this girl looks just like me! Yikes!!







2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited that you're starting to show the "afters". Love, love, love the carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KJ,
    The additions look amazing! I LOVE your split pea dresser! I've done a color very close to that as an accent in my kitchen! Can't wait to see it all in person! :0) And...she's a cutie, and of course she looks like you!

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed