Tuesday, January 12, 2010

My Baby Boy Has Strep Throat.......

Ok, no pics with this post - TRUST ME - YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEARCH GOOGLE IMAGES FOR "STREP THROAT "- I think I may vomit now...

Anyway, Maddux woke up in the wee hours of the morning burning up. I, along with my very helpful husband, searched the house for a "working" thermometer. Is it just me or are there other Mother's out there who has like 50 digital thermometers in the house and none of them work properly! Geez! The only one I found to work is a Vick's digital rectal thermometer and well, Maddux was having that! I also found a digital basal thermometer, but that takes to freak in long! Well, after some coaxing, tears, screams, etc..... I finally got his temp - 101.3 - Yikes! I immediately thought ear infection.....

So, this morning, I took him to the Dr. - As we sat in the waiting room, he just snuggled up to me. Didn't want to sit in his own chair or play in the kids area. He just wanted Momma. And I was just fine with that! As I was holding him, waiting for us to be called back, I was gazing at the Magazine rack looking at all of the magazines I could be reading. I can't tell you how long it's been since I have read a magazine while not being interrupted by a 2 year old, an infant or by a husband for that matter! And, I really wanted to get up and get one. But I didn't. Holding Maddux in my arms like that was better than any relaxation time I would've had. I hated the circumstances as to why, but I loved it.

As soon as we got called back they checked weight, temp (101.9) - then for the ears - Maddux is prone to ear infections. Doesn't have them all of the time, but it's been a while....

Ears were clear.... WHAT?????

Next, the throat. The Dr. made this face and said well, let's test for Strep! WHAT????? Oh crap. I haven't thought about strep since I had it when I was little!!! Geez! Poor Guy!

So, after the diagnosis for Strep, we went to the Pharmacy and headed home. He was so pitiful! All he wanted was to sleep in our bed and of course, he wanted his Momma......

I love you Maddux! I hope you feel better and please, don't give this to your sister!!!

2 comments:

  1. Poor guy! I hope he gets better soon and before he gives it to his sister! YES...what is it with those stupid cheap digital thermometers?!?! We have like 8 and NONE of them work! Cilla got the ear one in her stocking this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hopes he gets better. I know how you feel my son has it now and all he wants is to be in my arms or cuddle up right next to me. I have no idea what to get him to eat thats driving me crazy. I am hoping he don't give it to his sister too.

    ReplyDelete

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed